Friday 24 March 2017

P4


Following the end of college, I plan to use my gap year for obtaining experience in my chosen industry. I intend to continue getting work experience from Cambridge TV, acting as a runner and general help for their productions. I'm also intending to create multiple short films providing me with directing and cinematography experience. During my gap year I also intend to continue working part time at Waitrose, this will provide me with continued experience in the retail industry and will also provide me with funds for my short films.

Contingency Plan

If I fail to build up a portfolio of short films I will apply for University to study film on either a theory or practical based course. I will apply for somewhere local e.g. Anglia Ruskin University, as it is incredibly close to my workspace. Following this I will continue studying for around 2-3 years and then leave to create short films independently.

Plans

Short Term (Next 2 Months)

In the short term I intend to finish up my college courses and complete my exams. I also intend to buy more film equipment for the Unit 17 shoot which starts after half term. During this time I intend to improve my strengths in sound mixing and lighting.

Medium Term (Following 10 Months)

I'd like to increase my hours at work so that I can earn more money and buy more equipment, so when I finish my exams I will change from 2 days to 4 days. Following this I intend to make at least 5 short films, improving my skills along the way. By the end of this period I intend to have 5.1 sound mixing skills and very strong lighting skills.

Long Term (The Next 5 Years)

Build up a strong online presence and portfolio, have filmed and created at least 30 short films and other potential media including adverts and potentially feature length films. Within this period I intend to have bough a professional camcorder alongside a 35mm lens.

1 comment:

  1. You still need to do the following:
    Make sure you explain your short, medium and long term aims. These can be headings. Short term may = end of college Medium term = 1-2 years time and Long term would be 5+ years

    Explain how your plan is going to address skill and resources gaps identified in P2 and P3.

    Write up a contingency plan - what happens if you first plan does not work?

    ReplyDelete