Friday 24 March 2017

P3



Resources Plan

I intend to buy sound and lighting resources. I will do this by using money from my part time job to buy the necessary equipment. In the future I also plan to buy a new camcorder which will provide my footage with a higher dynamic range and higher bitrates*.

I will practise with these resources and learn how to use them on a professional level. When I make short films in the future these resources will raise their production value on both an audio and visual level.


Swot Analysis

Luxury

Strengths

My web presence can be strong if I build up a good portfolio of work to convince people that I am a strong talent worthy of collaborations.


Weaknesses

Building up an online portfolio may not lead to industry jobs, as many studios view online content as inferior and amateur when compared to filmmakers who enter they're films into festivals such as South by South West.

Opportunities


Building up a strong portfolio often gets you noticed by talent spotters. This can lead to potential directing opportunities on legitimate productions. However online work doesn't always lead to opportunities, which is why I'll take advance of Film festivals as well.

Threats

Competition in the film industry is very intense and can often lead to disappointment if you and others try to get the same directing job per say and ultimately only one director can be hired.


Essentials

Strengths

The strongest resources I have is taking part in filmmaking courses all over the country. Courses such as these will allow me to gain experience and make contacts in the film industry.


Weaknesses

My equipment right now is rather low tech. My Nikon DSLR is not professional enough for the shots I want to achieve. And I do not have a light or sound kit as of yet.


Opportunities

If I obtain useful locations this will allow me to gain experience in on-location filmmaking. It will also give me location opportunities for future short films I'd like to produce.


Threats

Some of the kit I'm looking to buy or rent will cost large amounts of money, luckily I have a large amount of savings to utilise for this purpose, as having good professional equipment is compulsory to my desired industry.

Desirables


Strengths

The strongest resource from my desirables is film locations, knowing places that I look great on camera, and that I don't have to pay a huge amount for, is my strongest resource.


Weaknesses

I do not have enough contacts in the industry yet and often with opportunities in this industry what matters is who you know.


Opportunities

My media contacts can provide me with experience and opportunities such as taking part in they're filming projects, as I am doing with Cambridge TV right now.

Threats

The threats involve the fact that I do not have enough professional equipment yet. I have strong editing software but ultimately I need both a sound and light kit not including a stronger camera.

1 comment:

  1. You need to evaluate your resources with a SWOT (strength, weaknesses, opportunities and threats) analysis.
    You should also have a plan as to how you will access the resources that you need e.g hire kit etc...

    ReplyDelete