Thursday 23 March 2017

P2

Characteristics

- I have a technical flare.
- I have excellent time keeping and deadline abilities.
- I have a good personality, and I'm capable of working with others.

Skills

- My primary skill is filmmaking, specifically directing. I've directed a few projects now and I enjoy controlling the creative direction of my projects.
- Another skill I have is editing, putting together projects in post following production is another element of filmmaking I enjoy extensively.

Relevant Achievements

- My short documentary Primitive has been screened at the Arts Picturehouse in Cambridge, it's also being shown on Cambridge TV alongside an interview featuring myself and my director on the project.
- I've achieved GCSE's including an A in Film GCSE.

Experience and Interests

- I've worked at two companies, Vue and Waitrose. Collectively I've sent 8 moths in part time work, learning to get along with people and gain work based skills.
- I've spent time working with editors and producers at Cambridge TV on some of their newest projects including a fitness based documentary and a documentary featurette.
- I use drones to collect aerial photography of certain areas that appear cinematic. I'm planning to get my commercial license in the coming months so that I can earn money from the footage.
- I'm a keen cinema fan and I particularly enjoy films involving talent such as Christopher Nolan, Ben Affleck and Matt Reeves.
- The technical elements of filmmaking is also something I have a great interest in. Specifically I find the use of aspect ratios and video compression very interesting.

Strengths

- I have a strong knowledge of video compression and online codecs.
- I've generated strong skills on Premiere Pro, Handbrake and Media Encoder.
- I know how to use DSLR cameras such as Nikons and Canon and how to get the best shots with them.
- I've learned how to fly and drone and now own one in a private capacity. During my gap year I intend to achieve my Civil Aviation Authority commercial licence.

Skills to Develop

- I need to learn how to record sound on a professional level, I plan to do this by purchasing sound equipment such as rode mics and boompoles.
- Lighting equipment and how to light shots in a creative manner are two areas I still need to learn about. I need to buy myself a professional lighting set up and learn how to use it. I intend to use money generated from my part time job to buy this equipment.

1 comment:

  1. In your experience and interests you should also highlight that you are a keen cinema goer and the type of films that you enjoy. It would also be worth highlighting that you have an interest in the technical elements of filmmaking e.g. streaming and bitrates.

    ReplyDelete